living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Friday, September 01, 2006

Pushing on...

As mentioned previously we took our push-bikes down to the New Forest in Hampshire and had a really good time.

I have been recently been stopped by a number of people who have congratulated me on getting better and commented upon my bravery.

Firstly, it has mainly been down to the wonderful handy work of a surgeon [not for the first time] who has rid me of life threatening tumour. Secondly I am not brave, just pragmatic – this is brave, Cancer sufferer Jane Tomlinson of Leeds, in Yorkshire, has completed an epic 4,200 mile bike ride across the US, well done Jane.