living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Wednesday 21 June 2006 – Physiotherapy #6

More of the same with regards to exercise today – I managed to squeeze a few more minutes in on the rower and put more into the lateral and bicep raises with loose weights. I have been promised a home exercise plan for next week.

I went to see Tracey Hair the other chest clinic nurse who was involved with my case from an early stage. I cannot find words to express how good the support these two nurses have given me this time around, they have been really good and do not deserve the shite aimed at them by a consultant in my presence as I sat in their office He sounded off in front of me about another patient and slagged off the hospital and the chest clinic department – if I knew his name I would print it here, he was so unprofessional, whatever his beef!


My only regret is that I never said anything at the time for fear of making matter worse for the staff I have a great deal of respect for.