living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday 6 June 2006 – Choked

This has probably got nothing to do with my illness at all but last night I had one of the weirdest experiences imaginable: in the early hours of this morning I awoke to find myself choking, literally.

I was fighting for breathe and thought my number was finally up. My partner, whom I managed to awake from a deep sleep, thumped me on the back the requisite number of times to remove whatever was apparently obstructing my airways; if indeed anything really was.

It was so scary.

I have no idea if this incident was related to my recent lung operation, although I doubt it, I am now left wondering did I swallow a spider in my sleep?