living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wednesday 30 August 2006 – Still here, thankfully

Well I reached 16 visits to the Physio and every session helped to improve my overall fitness and return to some form of normality.
I am a little overweight right now due to giving up smoking cigars and finding food!

When I first looked on Blogger for other sites relating to cancer I was surprised to see just how many of them suddenly stopped being posted to with no final outcome. I do not wish to leave my own account to do the same, therefore I am sorry for leaving it so long before posting again, especially as all seems to be going well.

I have been on holiday, twice, cycling in the New Forest with my partner and our young daughter, whom loved being carried around in the rear cycle baby seat. [our daughter that is, not my partner]

I have returned to work, albeit on part-time hours for a short while and do not have another check-up at the Hospital until my birthday on 19 September.

So to all those who may or may not come across this site: it has helped me and I hope yours will do the same for you – I will continue to post from time to time.

Bye for now and have fun living.