living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Friday 2 June 2006 – Physiotherapy #1

This, the first of 16 sessions, saw me using the exercise bike; treadmill; cross-trainer plus many other physical activities – the first time in a long while, and I don’t just mean since my operation.

I used to frequent a Gym many moons ago and this made me realise why I used to do it – I had so much fun whilst getting a serious workout.

I will never get to the level of fitness I had all those years ago due to time constraints and other commitments but it has got me to thinking that I must do something physical again even if only moderately.

No adverse effect on my operational scar and the breathing was much easier than I had anticipated – on the mend now.