living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday 27 April 2006 – Phone calls yesterday

Yesterday an appointment was made for today at 01.30 pm to see the consultant, this followed a message I had left on his secretaries answer phone requesting an update on the analysis following my operation.

I also spoke to Tracey Vein from the local hospital who filled me in on the latest developments. Unbeknown to me the consultant had been to the local hospital with my notes to discuss my case, it transpires that the tumour in my lung may be related to the tumour I had in my arm 14 years ago! That makes the lung cancer I have been operated for a secondary, which will probably change the course of treatment I may now receive.

Following further phone calls from the doctors secretary it appears they are now trying to contact the hospital I attended 14 years ago to formulate a plan of action to combat this latest skirmish with Cancer.