living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Monday 10 April 2006 - Surprise visits

Today I had my Drain taken out, and boy-O-boy was that painful, but only fleetingly. I feel much better now that I am able to walk about again. All I need now is a visit from the Physiotherapist and I will be ready for home I reckon.

I had been told that I would have to do the ‘stairs’ test to make sure I was able to walk up a small flight of stairs before I leave the hospital. I got fed up of waiting for someone to take me and tried it for myself, no problem.
Both Traceys, Vein and Hair, came to see me today and being nurses they were able to view my notes and talk to the staff in the hospital, it was really good to see familiar faces in uniform.

I had a nice surprise at visiting time today not only did my Mother come along but she was also accompanied by one of my two elder brothers who, despite his own ill health, had travelled up from the South to see me.

Unfortunately, his ex-father in law was on the ward above mine and was not to be with us much longer, fortunately my brother got to visit him also for one last time.

Still no signs of a Physio for me yet.