living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sunday 9 April 2006

The usual day-shift crew of nurses are in today, thankfully not tomorrow as it is a bank holiday and they will be off, things are looking up. The atmosphere is frosty: I guess this has something to do with comments left on Friday/Saturday morning with reference to the level of care and pain relief I received.

There is a trainee nurse who is under the supervision of the hairdresser nurse and will, if not careful, end up worrying about herself more than her patients who shows some concern but without any sincerity.

Lunchtime visitors included two female friends from work, including my best friend, who bring with them a card signed by colleagues and a rather large basket of fruit.

Both evening and daytime visitors include all of my daughters at one or both of the visiting sessions and, without fail, my partner at both.