living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One over, another arranged for next week.

Yesterday’s EUS for me was quite a breeze, thanks to the team and staff ant the University hospital, especially the professional who carried out the procedure who, as promised, did not allow me to feel a thing.
All we need do now is wait the results as we are told to expect to wait the usual 8-10 days.

My next appointment for an Endoscopic-Retrograde-Cholangio- Pancreatography [ERCP] is booked for Tuesday [21 October] of next week. This will be carried out under X-rays to see any dies injected into the area during the procedure. The main purpose is to insert the ‘stent’ tube to enable me to rid the Jaundice in order to get strong enough for forthcoming operations.

Some poor sod did not fare as well as me yesterday as he fainted at the sight of the needle as it was placed into the back of his wrist [the trick is to look away] and then have a ‘panic’ or crash type team attend him as his situation went from bad to worse. All witnessed by those of us waiting, primarily me, to go into the operations room. I did think that they don’t get too many of those in a day so I it increased my chances of having an easy time of it.

Labels: , ,