living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Appointment secured

Yesterday, to try and get things moving along in my favour, I phoned the Xray department at the hospital and asked about the progress on my CT scan appointment. Unfortunately their idea of an Urgent scan was somewhat different to that of my consultant, GP and me. I was promised that I would be given the next available cancellation which meant I did not have to wait for a two to three week appointment. True to their word I received a call today and I am now booked in to be seen on Wednesday of next week.

In the meantime the itching is getting worse, despite the Colestyramine and the pains in my stomach and back make it almost unbearable to walk any distance.

Labels: ,