living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thursday 02 October 2008 – CT Scan and follow up

Yesterday I had the CT scan and it was worse than I remembered it, especially with the introduction of the sipping of an aniseed flavoured drink for 2 hours prior to the procedure! This was then followed by a full cup and a half of the stuff before going on the bed for the scan itself. I had also forgot how horrible the injection was that pumps chemicals, iodine I believe, into your system that makes you feel hot and want to go to the toilet so much that you end up clenching your bum cheeks together in case of accidents!

I was told the waiting time for results would be between two to three weeks however this morning when we came back from town we picked up a telephone answer machine message telling me I have an appointment fixed for this coming Monday with reference to the scan results! We can only surmise as to what they have found but I guess the only question is how bad is it?

Labels: ,