living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Partners comments upon visit

I arrived at the hospital expecting to see Paul in a very sorry state. To my surprise he seemed remarkably well although in a lot of pain. He was attached to a monitor, had an oxygen tube under his nose and had the morphine “watch” on his right hand. He drifted in and out of sleep and insisted on apologising every time he woke up again. I had taken a list of text messages he had received from friends and family wishing him well, and some cards which I left for him to read when he was more awake.

Having read the comments my partner has made I can remember the coming in and out of sleep now. The oxygen under the nose, which I’d also forgotten about, was well good, it really helped with the breathing.