living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Wednesday 5 April - home

I drove home just wanting to hold our 1 year old daughter in my arms and celebrate the news of the impending operation. Being able to tell my partner over the phone the good news was one thing, being able to share that in person was another.
The house was empty: just a note to say they had taken little to her swimming class with her grandma.
I phoned those who had been waiting upon the results of the PET scan almost as eagerly as we had been: mother, sister.
My partner arrived home: what an emotional relief to a rollercoaster of a few weeks.