living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Thursday 9 March 2006

I decided to call the hospital to try and talk to the Endoscopy doctor to ascertain a little more into the procedure and the conversation that my mind had forgotten.
Unfortunately she was not in but her secretary would call, and she did.

She sympathetically listened and promised to ask the ‘vein’ Nurse what had been said on Monday.

The vein nurse called back: in addition to filling in the blanks from the post-procedural conversation she also had some unexpected news:-

I was expecting to see the chest Doctor on the 20th March, due to the results of the tests take thus far this had been bought forward to the 13th March

Bugga, this is serious.

This weekend I did not strip any paper off the walls. We had friends around for dinner.