living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Friday 28 February 2006

07.20am And the waiting room in the pathology lab was full, mainly with people who did not have to return to work. It’s like old people and shopping: why do they leave it until the weekend when those of us that work do our shopping, why can’t they do it during the week?
I got the nicest looking nurse to draw my blood, she was very chatty and pleased I had not come yesterday, they were so busy then they had people queuing out of the door,[not a shopping trolley in sight]
It was not until Friday that I was able to return to the hospital for the ECG and Respiratory tests prior to the CAT scan appointment.