living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Friday 24 February 2006

Doctor #1 ‘Hello, how are you?’’
‘[Lying] Fine thank you – I have come about the X-Ray results and to ask about my appointment at the Hospital on Monday next week.’

‘Ah, yes let me just check your files on PC. Mmm, you saw me, then Doctor #2 who sent you for an X-Ray’
‘Yep’

‘The X-Ray shows a shadow on your lung that will require further investigation’’
‘What could it be?’
‘It could be anything, too early to say, the Hospital will follow it up’

‘Have they made a note of my past Medical History with regards to Cancer?’
‘Mmm, its not on the PC records, we transferred most of the recent stuff onto the electronic files but we have been unable to capture them all. I will get your files and give you copies of the letters from the Hospital where you had your previous treatment. Testicular wasn’t it?’
‘No, bone tumour’
‘Ah, yes that’s right, remove part of the Ulna didn’t they, I remember now, most uncommon’


Stripped the front room of wallpaper over the weekend, no time like the present.