living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wednesday 15 February 2006

Doctor #2 ‘H,H,Hello, how are you?’’
‘Fine thank you [Sick] – I have come about some more anti-biotics’

Dr ‘Do you smoke?’
‘Cigars’

Dr ‘How many?’
‘6 ish a day’

Dr ‘Isn’t it time you gave them up?’
‘Yes, I have quit cigarettes but I will try [Unfortunately the help I received from the surgery to quit is not longer available]’

Dr ‘I am sending you for an X-Ray’
‘Why?’

Dr ‘Well you are not getting any younger and 3 months is a long time to have a cough. Come back in three weeks when the results should be in’

Three weeks, no need to panic then.

Later that day – Hospital X-Ray dept
Radiographer ‘Thank you, your results will be available in one week’

PANIC