living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday 1 August 2008 – Here we go again

Another hospital visit within three days and they had lost my records; that is they were not where they were supposed to be when I arrived. They were soon found, and subsequently sat upon until I reminded them the Colorectal Nurse was waiting for them [She is far from rectal, quite nice actually. She is the same nurse who did my Endoscopy back in November of last year].

I am now to have a Colonoscopy on the 11 August. [Having already had a finger shoved up me rear end for the second time in a week – for medical examination purposes].

I have quite a rigid routine to follow on the lead up to the procedure which involves sticking to a strict diet two days prior, drinking only fluids the day before followed by a pre-Op enema, Yippie I cannot wait!

Labels: ,