living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday 02 May 2008 – Head pains, what next?

Another visit to see my employer's Doctor has resulted in a recommendation that I am still not ready to return to work on a part-time basis and the preferred option is still for me to work from home. I have only just received a package of work to begin looking.

I have also been to see my own GP because I have been experiencing ‘electric shock’ type pains in my head, especially down the left hand side. As a result I have had to reduce the Pregabalin tablets to a minimum and I am now supplementing these with prescribed Co-codamol pain killers.

OK, the pains have not been brilliant and I have resorted to hot baths in the morning and hot water bottles on my back in the evening.

The 13th of this month sees me back at the Oncology outpatients department for my three monthly check-up followed by my ‘first’ appointment the following day on the 14th at the pain clinic.

My partner and I joked about my having a heart attack, no joking matter I am sure, but since I have had everything else I am well over due one.

Labels: ,