living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday 13 May 2008 – Oncology outpatients appointment

Today I spent longer than I would’ve liked at hospital waiting to be seen by a consultant. I had been waiting considerably longer than the woman and her daughter in the next cubicle, but still they complained after ten minutes. More of those two in a moment* but for now the good part I have been given the OK for another three months. I do not get overly worried about these checks-ups anymore as the pains in my back and the impending Pain Clinic appointment for tomorrow are occupying most of my thoughts at the moment. I am hoping they can remedy my on going back pains.
The head pains from my last entry have disappeared since reducing my intake of the Pregabalin.

*And so, back to the women in the next cubicle.
The mother, who was ill, and her daughter who moaned after 10mins of not being seen, were in the next cubicle to me as we waited to be seen by a consultant. When a consultant did check the mothers scans he then left the room, probably to consult another colleague, and when he returned he attempted to explain that there was scar tissue on the mothers chest and other checks needed to be carried out, at which point they complained again about not having the checks done locally to where they live [they live within a 20 mile radius of the hospital the checks were to be done at!].Then they mother tried to explain that she had no idea why she should have scaring of the lungs despite being asthmatic and a chain smoker!! The silly wheezy woman did not realise that they don’t do CT scans and then recommend MRIs on a fekkin whim! The consultant told them the xray and CT scan results were a 'bit wishy-washy' and needed investigating! They did not have the necessary brains cells between them to realise what was NOT being said!It’s an oncology department for heavens

Labels: , ,