living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Monday 17 March 2008 – Company GP Visit

I saw the Company Doctor today and it was not as bad as I had expected, not that I knew what to expect. She went over my medical history beginning with the Primary cancer I had in 1992 to the Secondary in 2006 and the resultant pains I am now experiencing as post Op.
She is quite happy for my own GP to work his way through the various courses of medication until one is found that will enable me to function without too much discomfort. It still may come down to visiting a pain clinic but all avenues of medication have to be tried first.
I am still on Pregabalin with a view to increasing its dosage next week provided the side effects do not get any worse between now and then.

The recommendation of the Company Doctor is that she sends a report to my manager requesting that for now he looks into my being able to work a few hours a week at home until I am recovered enough to return to work on a programme of phased working hours.

I do not have a problem with this proposal as I am now able to spend longer spells at the laptop and I have even begun to drive our car again provided I am not experiencing any dizziness.

Labels: ,