living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday 03 March 2008 – Visit to GP

I tried to explain to my GP today why I had asked him to renew my prescription when I was visiting him the other week, this was when he took exception at me asking for a repeat prescription instead of handing it in at reception. Not only does he not remember the incident, at which he was quite vocal, but he also asked me today if I needed any more medication requirements whilst he was prescribing me my latest course of capsules to combat nerve ending pains.
The thought of his impending holiday must have put him in a better frame of mind.

I have now been prescribed Pregabalin 50mg three times a day, increasing to two three times a day commencing one week hence. I am hoping these will now nullify the messages to my brain without any side effects.

The previously prescribed Gabapentin were not enabling me to perform or function normally as the side effects of those ranged from dizziness to spaced-out!