living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tuesday 15 April 2008 – At last, referral to pain clinic

It has taken me almost six months to get here but now that I am it is such a relief. I still have to take the Pregabalin tablets, they are still affecting my stomach with cramps digestive problems, but it will only be a matter of time before I can progress to something a little more powerful and hopefully more successful than the tablets when I eventually get seen at a pain clinic.

I have to fill out a form when it comes through from my GP and chose which hospital I wish to attend; this is part of a new government initiative on
patient choice and waiting times. [Cooking the books to make people feel like they are in control more like!]

Labels: ,