living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday 11 February 2008 – Exhaustive medication trials

Another trip to see the GP this morning and yet more tablets to combat the pain associated with the operation I had to remove a lobe of the right lung and a tumour in 2006. I have now had more time off work due to the pains in my back and chest than I had after the original operation. I do not believe I helped matters by building a shed, erecting a fence, fitting internal doors etc, and as a result I am now reaping the painful rewards for my efforts. I am now on Gabapentin as the Amitriptyline proved to have too much of a sedative effect upon me; I was not getting out of bed until gone 10.30 am in the morning.
If this latest round of medication does not do the trick I may be referred to a pain clinic, what ever that is!