living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It did not go away [H Pylori]

It has been some weeks since I finished the course of tablets to ‘cure’ me of H Pylori, unfortunately they did not work and despite having to wait a week to have it confirmed from more blood tests the pains in my stomach told me it had not gone away. I then had to wait a further week to see my Doctor who was on holiday, an interim visit to see another Doctor resulted in me receiving some more acid suppressants to tide me over.
I have now seen my own Doctor who has prescribed another course of treatment, and not before time either. I am experiencing more pain and discomfort than ever before and it is beginning to get me down, I am hoping this latest prescription works and that I don’t have to go back for me tests. I did experience two days after the last course treatment of what it feels like to be normal again; I want to be there again soon.