living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Monday, June 25, 2007

More pains – Monday 25 June 2007

Before I begin to think I am becoming a real hypochondriac I must stress these are real pains and concerns I have. They may not be related to my illness but I am not qualified to make that judgement, therefore I get them checked out by my GP. Unfortunately even he is stumped sometimes.
I have three concerns I must bring up at tomorrows check-up at the hospital, all of which I discussed at the GP surgery this morning.
1. Head pains – grip like pains that last a few seconds only; on anti-biotics.
2. Ankle swelling – Blood tests carried out; results expected next week.
3. Swelling on wrist – left wrist prone to swelling that feels cold to the touch; his one baffled my GP as he would’ve expected it to feel warm to the touch.
The reason I mention this here is to help with any further analysis and also to assist anyone else who may be showing similar symptoms.
I am hoping to post good news this time tomorrow.