living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tuesday 23 May 2006 - Appointments

I followed up Friday’s call to the hospital and then I received a return call sometime later in the afternoon.

I now have a definite date for two of the required scans [
CT scan and bone scan], both in Birmingham next Tuesday but at different hospitals.

The remaining scan, an
MRI, will take place in early June along with a clinic appointment at which time all results should be in.

At that point I am hoping to hear that there are no more signs of Cancer and that further treatment will not be necessary.

To be honest, and not everyone is affected the same by Chemotherapy, but from previous experience I would rather have an operation on my other lung than have to have Chemo again, but if that’s what it takes then that is what has to be done.
Keeping fingers crossed on all accounts.
On a less serious note, I was taken out to twice today, on both occasions by people from work – it was good to have a pint or two as well as eating out.