living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday 29 May 2006 – Bank Holiday Blues

Tomorrow I am back at the hospital where I was treated for cancer 14 years ago. It has not been that long since I was there last, I was still under ‘surveillance’ up until 2 years ago. I naturally have mixed feelings about tomorrow, just like I had every time I was due a check-up, it was good to know I was still being looked after yet at the same time it was always a worrying time not knowing if anything would be found or not.

I am not expecting any results tomorrow but I still feel apprehensive about going for the scans.

I have been a little short tempered at times today, that much I do know: all emails have dried up this weekend from friends as the Bank Holiday break has taken precedence: we have not been too far or seen much of anyone this weekend after last weeks visiting mania.

Some nicer weather over the next couple of weeks would not go amiss.