living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday 4 April 2006

I seem to be just going through the motions at work, as if I am in limbo, which I guess I am, since at the very least I am expecting to go into hospital for a major operation.

Today I had an unexpected phone call from Tracey V at the hospital today: no real news, just to say my results would be available once they had been signed off by the doctor at the PET scan hospital and then they should be ready for tomorrow when the local consultants discuss my case.

This evening is quite surreal, all around me is as if none of this is happening, I guess at times that can be a good thing, I just want tomorrow to come, but then again I don’t want it to come.

I am concerned about the impact all this, even a relatively short stay in hospital, will have on my family: there is a lot of hard work to come.

Tomorrow is a big day: I just want to be given a date for an operation; I do not want to hear, ‘The doctor wishes to see you’.