living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday 3 March 2006

This morning I went to my local hospital to have an MRSA [methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus] swab. This is required before going into hospital for an operation, all being well with the results.

MRSA is a type of bacterium commonly found on the skin and/or in the noses of healthy people – so, if I have it does that mean I am healthy?
Basically I had a very thin looking instrument, similar to a cotton wool bud, placed up my nose to take a sample for analysis.

I also had to take a swab from my ‘groin’ area. Unfortunately Tracey Hair, having taken the nose swab, gave me the option of doing it myself in the nether region – damn! The first chance I get to have a nurse in the vicinity of my undercarriage and she bows out.

I did see both Tracey Hair and Tracey Vein today; they will push for the PET scan results and should phone me Wednesday with any news.