living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Friday 28 April 2006

Despite this blog, my willingness to talk about my illness, if asked, and the wealth of information available via the web and other resources it is still very much a personal thing to deal with, since we all react differently to being told we have Cancer and how we cope with it thereafter.

I have found it therapeutic to blog about my cancer during this recent encounter with the disease and searching the web for other blogs has helped to keep it all in perspective. I am also helped by the fact that this is not the first time I have had cancer and I know what to expect. I am hoping because of that previous knowledge that I do not have to undergo chemotherapy again, but hey they have told me things have improved in the last 14 years: Not according to this blog it hasn’t, which goes to prove that too much reading is not all always a good thing!

In the meantime as well as coping with the return of the disease I have to recover from the surgery, which was particularly painful yesterday and I can only surmise that I overdid the walk yesterday morning.

It may also have something to do with the fact that I was busy watching the workman who had come to install a new fireplace in the lounge and I was forever in and out of the room monitoring his progress.