living with cancer

This is the one diary I should have kept 14 years ago and one I wish I did not feel the need to keep now. I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1992 and survived. 2006 and I now have another tumor under investigation: the journey begins again..

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Gastroscopy results and GP visit 04 Dec 2007

I have seen my GP this morning and I now have the most of the results from the Gastroscopy Report from the hospital, they are as follows:

Diagnosis:
OESOPHAGUS. Hiatus Hernia [sliding of length 2 cm at Lower oesophagus]
STOMACH: Gastritis
DUODENUM: Normal
Advice/comments: waiting on H Pylori tests, if negative I may need to change medication, if positive need to discuss with GP.

I hope the rest of the results will be returned within the next week or so, in the meantime I will keep you posted of any new developments; I am now receiving medication to control the symptoms relating to the above.

I am also still waiting the results of the Ultra Sound scan on the type of cyst on my kidney and the medication/action required. I am now taking an increased dosage of Co-Codamol to ease the pain emanating from the kidney region.

Having spoken to my GP this morning he does not envisage my return to work until the New Year.

I am having good spells and bad ones at the moment and it all seems to revolve around my taking the pain killers. I have to wait for them to kick in to ease the pains, which at times are still extremely uncomfortable; a soak in a warm bath is helping, but only on a temporary basis.